Tuesday 22 November 2011

Sidekick Development Sum-Up

I've had troubles with the sidekick character, jumping from mystical bird creatures...to black cats and back to more traditionl birds. These are the little designs I had lined up to resolve what I was goin to do. I tend to not spend a lot of time on designs in which im not confindent will go towards being a finalized concept, hence the quik sketchwork.

This was my very first idea, I wanted to "create" a bird like creature from imagination, however I was told this wasnt a good idea..This was inspired by the bird from "The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker"


Cat sidekick, for the ninja

Big Cat design

Here I turned to more traditional birds, such as doves.



These were designs that I particularly liked, but still went ahead a bit more just to see what else I could do. The sidekick at this point was not intended for the musketeer.




These were the last designs I done before focusing on my final, resolved idea. I went from a dove, to a small sparrow like bird, finally to a slightly bigger falcon hybrid which I decided to stick with.


No comments:

Post a Comment