Sunday 19 September 2010

Haliaeetus Leucocephalus

Heres the animal I have for my project. Introducing....
 THE BALD EAGLE!!



The Bald Eagle is mainly found in North America but is originally bred in Alaska and Canada. They base themselves anywhere in North America which has enough trees and feeding ground for them to set up their nests and hunt. However they also need to be near open water. Bald eagles are partially migratory. If they have access to open water then they will stay at the nesting sight year round. If the do not have access to water leave the countryside in the winter and migrate south or to the coast. They usually migrate between 8:00am and 6:00pm to take advantage of updrafts, thermals and food sources.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to see how you will create yourself as one. <3 I am just gathering some ideas on how I would do with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So will I.

    Your creature looks harder then mine though, you have any ideas at to what your going to do?

    ReplyDelete